It is what it is

In aid of #MentalHealthAwarenessDay and #HelloYellow I want to take a moment to say that your mental health is important, don't let anybody make you believe otherwise. You're all beautiful and strong and worthy of help. I want to remind you that no matter what you're suffering with, whether it's anxiety, depression or mental illness; you are not alone. Take each day as it comes. It takes time, patience and a hell of a lot of strength but it's worth it in the end. We're not all there yet, I'm not, but I will be one day with love and support. You often find help in the most unlikely of place, I found some in Sherlock and the Sherlock fandom. I found a sense of worth that I'd lost and now want to regain more than anything. There is kindness and voices like yours, wanting to be heard, whenever you turn. Each person has their own journey but they all coincide somewhere, bringing us closer together whether it's smiling at a stranger on the street or wearing a yellow jumper to raise awareness for mental health. My local library dedicated a display section to books on and about mental health. It's a small thing but something that may help someone in the long run, even if it only makes them think a little bit deeper about their own issues and realise there are other people to like them, and help is there. I think it's imperative to remember kindness. My girl Meg did a beautiful blog post The Importance of Kindness which touches upon the subject beautifully. There are random acts of kindness in our lives which affect us all in different ways - a stranger smiling can brighten my entire day. Also, something as simple as a friend buying you a drink in a bar or my little sister making me a picture, are often the most uplifting acts. If me smiling as a stranger can change their day, I'll be smiling more often, will you?





I also want you to know that I'm here. This isn't just words or an empty promise, I'm here for anybody that needs me, whenever they need me. I'll always reply to a dm on Twitter or Instagram. I'll listen if you want me to listen or offer advice if that's what you want. I'd rather you'd talk to me than bottle it up. Please, don't hesitate to ask for help or even say Hi if you just want to chat to somebody.

To finish this up, in the words of my favourite TV show, "it is what it is."



Note: For some reason, this post didn't post yesterday when it was supposed to. For once, I was on time but my blog decided that being late is my norm and I should stick to it.

Comments

Popular Posts